Riverside Bridge

The Riverside Bridge was originally built in 1909. 

 

It’s finally beginning. Construction crews began the process of relocating the Riverside Bridge, a historic Ozark landmark and roadway dating back more than 100 years, downstream to Bass Pro Shops’ Ozark Mill project on the Finley River. 

The first bridge truss was lifted by a crane the morning of Jan. 7, and set nearby to undergo a complete refurbishment before its reassembly on the Ozark Mill project site, according to a news release by Bass Pro. The relocation process is being executed in three phases. 

Originally built in 1909, the Riverside bridge was initially located next to the Ozark Mill. After a few years, however, craftsmen determined the bridge was not wide enough to serve that location and was relocated to a site about one and a half miles away.

Bass Pro announced plans to again relocate the bridge to a spot on the Finley River south of Ozark’s bridge that carries McCracken Street past Finley River Park last August. Bass Pro said additional updates on the project will be available in the coming months. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.